Saturday, March 8, 2014

Red hair color mix up!?




amanda p


I wanted to color my hair Julianne Moore red. My hair is a medium brown and I used a medium auburn shade. The color turned out darker than what I wanted. Would it work to get a dark golden blonde to lighten it up? I'm thinking the golden tone would kick up the red, and the blonding agent would take out some of the dark.


Answer
A general rule with salon haircolor is that if you put a lighter color over a darker one it will not lift. Sometimes with boxcolor it will but chances are that will result in breakage and an uneven color. I am a hair stylist and have seen a lot of bad results from people trying to do this. Your recent hair growth and ends may end up lighter and an odd shade. The middle of the hair might not even lift at all. Your best bet would probably be to try and let it fade a little or go to a professional. Going to a professional will usually cost you less in the long run because if you try to lift it and need to have it fixed you will most likely be charged for a color correction which can be pretty expensive!

Hair color correction HELP?




Rebecca


I want to go back to my natural color for the summer which is like a dirty blonde, but first of all here is my dye history...
-Red from August 2010 to february 2011
-Went back to my natural color from march to beginning of July
-Rainbow hair from beginning of july to beginning of september
-Dyed close to my natural color over the rainbow in september, then dyed just my bottom layer rainbow until October 9th, i dyed it dark brown but it turned out black. it eventually faded to a nice brown
-Mixed deep burgundy and dark auburn (revlon colorsilk) the week before Christmas, same color on january 5th and march 2nd.
and here i am now....my hair is basically just brown, the red washed out. i made an apt at a salon to go back to my natural color but then i realized id have to go through a whole process to go back to blonde. I talked to my aunt who owns her own salon and she said to cancel my apt and id have to strip, fill, then dye my hair and even then its not guaranteed that my hair will turn out. She is going to try a product she has in a couple weeks on a little piece of my hair that is supposed to penetrate the hair strand deep enough but leave the natural color, but shes not sure how it will turn out which is why shes only trying it on a little piece because it could turn orange.
I take really good care of my hair i use deep hydrating masques very frequently and i get regular trims, and i dont use heat that often.
Now my question is, is there anything i can do at home like home remedies to atleast help the dye come out some, without using color oops or anything like that ? ive heard that baking soda or powder or whatever works and using hot oil treatments. Please any suggestion will help me.


Here are some pictures of my natural color
from 2008:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfbid=1139013728939&set=a.1484088875602.67121.1635285919&type=3&theater
from 2010:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfbid=1357746877131&set=a.1484088875602.67121.1635285919&type=3&theater
also from 2010:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfbid=1378517876393&set=a.1484088875602.67121.1635285919&type=3&theater
from 2011:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfbid=2003628223761&set=a.1484088875602.67121.1635285919&type=3&theater

THANK YOU SO MUCH.
the picture links prolly dont work, just ignore them lol



Answer
You are just like I used to be!!!
Tje only thing you can really do is try the process that your aunt recommends. The trick is to re-do it a week later if it doesn't work. (NEVER try to correct a colour in the first 48 hours - I had a hair dresser do this and my hair started to fall out and took 3 years to grow out and be healthy again!)

Head lice shampoo is quite tough on your hair and can strip colour - Try this but follow it up with a nice conditioning treatment




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Red hair color mix up!?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment