Sunday, March 9, 2014

does red hair look good on pale skin?




lovelyemm


alright, im still thinking on getting my hair dyed, but im wondering if red hair would look good on pale skin! Im naturally fair with freckles and blue eyes. the color is 6R auburn by loreal superior prefrence. sorry for no pics. would this look good on me?


Answer
Think about it- how many natural redheads are naturally tan? The answer is none. Red hair is especially suited for pale skin, although you might want to see a colorist to see what variety of red would be suited to your skin tone.

On a similar note- so many redheads have freckles! Not to mention that it's generally accepted that blue eyes and red hair are very well suited together, I've never seen you, but i have a feeling it would look amazing.There's nothing wrong with being pale, and red hair is hot!

HELP haircolorists! My red hair turned out orange!?




Sadie


My natural color is medium brown, and I've had it dyed red before with Wella Color Charm Terra Cotta 6R (from Sally's), and I loved it! But this was also on top of red/brown hair that I had before. Anyway, the color that I loved had faded and the roots grew out a few inches, so I bought the same color again. I got the nice color I wanted on most of my hair, but on the part where my roots grew out it's light coppery almost orange/red color. Did I leave it in too long, or should have let it set longer? I think I can live with it, but what should I do next time my hair grows out?


Answer
Sounds like the problem is that you're putting the colour on your natural brown hair.

Red hair is tricky- trust me; I've gone from a near jet black colour to a bright, vibrant red, and I've had my share of hiccups along the way.

If you're not opposed to lightening your natural colour, I'd suggest using L'Oréal Excellence HiColor (http://www.lorealtechnique.com/hicolor_01.shtml). It contains a lifting agent so that you're actually lifting (or bleaching) your hair at the same time you're dying it. This gives way for better coverage and a more lasting red (red dye fades notoriously fast). I actually use L'Oréal Excellence HiColor Red HiLights (http://www.lorealtechnique.com/hicolor_03.shtml), but I use it all over rather than for highlights, and I do this because I like an unnatural red. However, last time I dyed my hair I used the HiColor instead and used the shade Red Fire I believe. The colour comes out fairly true to the swatch. I picked up my dye at Sally's for under $7. You'll also need to buy a creme developer (I suggest Oreor) and you'll need to decide what vol you want. The higher the number, the more it lightens. I typically use 30 because my hair is so dark - you could probably go with 20 and do fine.

If you need help on application, I'll refer you to the youtuber I learned this from:

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLUOlMQwDbY
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOW51iwYopw
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVJLprvHiuM
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eP50UNmFcs

I'd watch all of this videos before venturing into it. I know they're a bit lengthy, but Louna is a beautiful girl and is very entertaining, so you won't be bored whatsoever. And you don't have to use the products she uses - since she lives in Australia, you won't be able to find most of those products anyway. The products I mentioned before are equivalents to what she uses.

Just remember that red hair can be tricky, expensive, and a ton of work.

Good luck! ^^




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: does red hair look good on pale skin?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment