Friday, March 14, 2014

I dyed my hair twice, it still looks like crap?




Corrine Jo


Okay, my boyfriend convinced me to dye my once-red-turned-auburn hair, blonde.
My natural roots were already showing so I thought, okay why not. Well the blonde dye only dyed my natural roots bright blonde, and my hair was still auburn, so I looked really stupid. I went to the store and got medium brown, and now the ends of my hair are really dark, the top is a lightish-dark brown, and my roots are sandy brown/blonde with an all over red tint!
I bought more hair dye, but I don't want to damage my hair anymore than I already have! It's a little dry, but not anything new since my hair is usually always dry.What do I do? How long should I wait to dye my "problem areas"? Thanks!



Answer
I once had fiery red hair so I can relate, my stylist said that red is one of the hardest colors to get out of hair! I recently just bleached my hair to do that ombré effect and the base is still a little pink since it was lightened a bit to a very subtle honey brown. Once you have red hair it's literally a bitch to get out! Your natural roots are Virgin so they're easy to dye whatever color, and the tips turned dark brown with the medium brown dye because they're more processed, but they also loose the color fastest Here's what I would do:
1. Really take care of your hair. Wash every other day if you can, you can go in the shower with your hair up and wash your body but not your hair, leaving it alone every now and again will help it, like sleep!
2. After you shampoo, try to ring out as much water as possible so the conditioner is more concentrated with less water and leave it in, I usually bring in a big hair clip and let it do it's thing while I scrub or something, and rinse it with cold water! The heat opens up the pores of your hair, so when you condition, the cold water shocks it into closing again so the conditioner doesn't all just wash out.
3. I would wait a few weeks, three? Or two if you don't damage it by applying heat very often (use a heat protectant), I only usually style it when I'm going out.
4. Go get it bleached very lightly by a well trained professional to get rid of any red or brown or hybrid color, this will give you a total fresh start to do whatever you want. Your hair will then be a new canvas, brown, blonde, any color you like, not red obviously. And after you've bleached it, and dyed it, you just keep taking care of it and maybe start applying a hair mask maybe once a week. Keep getting trims every few weeks and maintain it, and you should be good to go. It's best to invest in a good stylist to do a good job once than to spend probably more money trying to do it yourself several times and damaging it more over time. You could also just go to a salon and ask for the best route given your situation and hair texture, ask prices, all that jazz. This is just something I think would happen if you want to start totally fresh and new because there's a difference between store bought generic hair dye and the professional dyes and mixtures.

Where does red hair originate?




CaliGirl14


i heard somewhere there was red hair in ancient Rome. Is that true because i thought red hair just came from the Irish. Does it come from the Romans too? Or any others?


Answer
I had an Italian great grandfather who had very red hair for life, until he went grey. He was northern Italian and we most likely aren't all that related to the Romans. Northern Italians had the Boii Celts living in the Po Valley at one point in history. I have light red/brown hair and so do a lot of people in my family and one of my children has very red hair. It's possible that those particular Celts in Italy, who did later moved on to the Northeast of Europe brought it with them. I don't think anyone knows the answer to this. The Greeks and Roman knew of red headed people all the way from the Ukraine to England. It was probably an Indo European mutation and when the group of people who had that color headed to the northeast of Europe, they brought it with them. They went through Spain first though.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I dyed my hair twice, it still looks like crap?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment