Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Do i need to use hair color developer if i am going for a darker color?

red hair color developer
 on hair color # red hair # change
red hair color developer image



kooks


Im not sure, but i think developer bleaches hair, i mean the second ingredient is hydrogen peroxide. I want to dye part of my blond hair red again (the blond was an accident). Can i just put on the red hair color and skip the developer?


Answer
You must must must have Developer.

Which developer should I use to dye my hair a red shade?




i cant cha


I bleached my hair a few days ago to blonde and it's an orangeish color and it's a tad brassy. I have a red hair color that I'm willing to put on my hair but I don't want it to be TOO bright. I have 20 and 40 developer and keep in mind my hair is NOT fully a blonde color. It has a bit of an orange/goldish tint. Which would be best?


Answer
If you are going darker or staying the same level you use 10 volume.
If you are going up to 2 levels lighter you use 20 volume.
If you are going 3 levels lighter you use 30 volume.
If you are going 4 levels lighter you use 40 volume.

Keep in mind 30 and 40 volume developer are very strong and harsh on your hair and scalp. For some people it will actually give you a chemical burn on your scalp. Most manufacturers recommend these not be used for on the scalp application.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do i need to use hair color developer if i am going for a darker color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment