Sunday, July 7, 2013

How can I stop comparing myself to my friend?

red hair ideas tumblr
 on ... layers long red blunt cut with bangs black with red choppy ponytail
red hair ideas tumblr image



Hey.


Hey. :3

Well to start off, we are best friends and we are freshmen. We have been friends sense sixth/seventh grade. Well, somewhere in there.

Any ways, I have been comparing myself a lot! It's horrible, because I used to NEVER compare myself towards her and now I do. I don't exactly know why either, but I'll tell you a few things I compared myself on towards her.

First classes ;

I feel stupid compared to her. She's in Honors English and Biology. She's also in Spanish ll.
I'm in regular English and Biology, but I'm in Spanish ll as well.

Looks ;

She is tall, has dark brown hair (almost black) straight, short hair, brown eyes, long eye lashes, clear skin, braces, glasses, about 5'6, and barely over weight. (I don't know her weight, but she's beyond gourgous though. She usually wears sweats, and a nice sweater.

I have dirty blonde curly hair (Naturally. I dyed it a dark brownish-red color), blue eyes, a little bit acne, braces, glasses, 5'0, and, 100 lbs (perfect weight for my height). I usually wear a nice or animated t-shirt, jeggings, boots or toms, and a dark green sweater. Every once in a while a lot of people compliment me on my hair or outfit.

Likes ;

This is probably stupidest of them all, but on Facebook when we add photos she always gets a lot of likes.

In this album called 'N.' she would post a photo once in a while, and she would get 16 likes in a day.

When I did that, I got about 0-2. It took forever but one of my profile pictures has 13 likes now, but most of them have about 3-5 now. It used to be about 2.

Followers ;

On Facebook she has 43 followers and I have 7.

On Tumblr, I have 317 followers and she has more than I do.

Bullying wise ;

She never gets called names. I mean, she isn't popular (and neither am I0, but she doesn't get bullied. I am glad she doesn't though, because I prefer her NOT getting bullied. It isn't fun.

Well, throughout middle school I have been called anerxia, ugly, anorexiasl*t, stuck up, loner, worthless, etc. People have said, "No one likes her." "She doesn't brush her hair."

There are other reasons too, but there are a few. Friend wise she has a lot of friends where I have a few.

How can I stop? I don't want to compare myself to her, because it'll just hurt me more. We're best friends, and I don't want to lose her as a friend. Especially over something like this.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!



Answer
If I were you, I'd see the school counselor and consider getting therapy. What you're doing is not healthy, and anyone who is being bullied needs professional help so that they can overcome this sort of thing.

How would you do makeup for this face?




Holly G.


Question pretty much says all. I am changing my makeup style, need new ideas. I have blonde hair and usually gray or brown eyes, they change colors. Sometimes they are blue gray, but they are always dark. I want to look natural, but also pretty. I also need ideas for formal makeup. Thank you all!

This is my tumblr page, the two pictures there are my face! :P



Answer
I couldn't see your pic. But by your description of yourself, I would try this:

Casual makeup: Eye makeup: A little bit of sparkly eyeshadow that blends into your natural skin color, this isn't young looking, infact it's very natural and pretty. A little bit of brown eyeliner at the corners of eye. Brown mascara. Make sure to separate the lashes. (I personally think it looks better that way.)

Rest of the casual makeup: Stay light with the foundation, if you wear foundation, it will look more natural, just to give you a nice glow. light brown blush. Light pink/brown lipstick, or just lipgloss. (You can switch out the blush and lipgloss/lipstick for pink, considering your hair is blonde and eyes are brown, pinks and brown are going to look really good on you.)

Formal: Eye makeup: Golds and reds are also gonna look good on you, so for the eyeshadow, cover the lid in a bright yellow eyeshadow, then blend into the crease a brownish gold. Brown eyeliner on the top eyelid and corner of the bottom. Black eyeshadow.

Rest of formal: A bit more foundation (because you're most likely at a nice event.... so yeah) A little bit of dark brown blush on the apples of your cheeks. Red (bright coral red) lipstick.

You can easily buy the eyeshadow at your local dollar tree. I don't spend lots of money on anything.
Hope this helped :D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I stop comparing myself to my friend?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment