Sunday, July 7, 2013

I bleached my hair last night to remove the dark hair dye I had in. How long before I can dye it again?

red hair color at walmart
 on Internet-Ideas Webdesign
red hair color at walmart image



hayley


Okay, so I have naturally light brown hair. A year ago, I dyed my hair very dark brown-almost black. BIG WHOOPS. I have spent the last year trying to get it to fade out/ grow out and return to my natural color. I dyed it a lighter brown once, and that was about 6 months ago. It made the previous dark brown lighter, but it also made my natural roots even lighter. I wanted to get rid of the ridiculous stripe around my head from the unmatched colors, so I bought a box of Permanent Hair Color Remover from Walmart that said to recolor your hair immediately after using it. Even BIGGER mistake. It made my roots bright yellow and it faded into orange, then redish orange tips with some random brown streaks in there. I cried myself to sleep, woke up, and recolored my hair as the box had instructed. It looks a million times better, but is all over a light brown/auburn color. It still looks like a bad dye job, and I have to wear a hat to work tonight. How long should I wait before dying it a richer, slightly darker brown? My hair is not damaged... it still very healthy and silky like it has always been. I did a hot oil treatment on it earlier just incase. Also, I have never lightened my hair at all or had it bleached before last night. PLEASE HELP!!! I don't want to look this hideous, but I don't want my hair falling out either. Thank you!!!


Answer
I'm a licensed cosmetologist. Bleach and lightening products are so tricky and unpredictable sometimes. You have to be very careful when using bleach. It lightened more towards your scalp because of the heat coming from your body. Heat speeds up the process with hair chemicals. If your hair is not feeling weak or anything, go ahead and color it right now. but DO NOT bleach it or lighten it anymore. Keep strengthening it up and you should be fine. From what it sounds like, you should be ok to apply a color over your hair right now. But, be aware that the color will only change the parts where the color is light enough to go over it. Make sure you pick a color that is not ash based because often times.. it will turn your hair greenish. If you pick a red or orange base color.. you will get a lot more red than you want. haha it is going to suck up what you put on it.. and amplify it if you aren't careful. Just put a neutral color on your hair and it should be fine. Use a filler on the hair to make sure that the color is accurate. (here's a link for a filler that you can get at sally's beauty supply http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/store/products.php?product=Colorful-Neutral-Protein-Filler-16-oz.)

If you still have problems after that.. see a salon stylist and get their opinion after they examine your hair.

good luck!!

What color highlights will look the best?




Mrs. Emmet


I have dark auburn red hair and I have been wanting highlights for about a year and a half. What color would look the best? I have brown eyes and my skin is very light. Thanks for helping! = ]


Answer
I think that blonde would look the best. Or black, that would look nice with you dark auburn hair ! If not, then you can always re-dye your hair ! I would suggest to try using the washable highlights, just to try it out, and see which one you like the best. Plus if you don't like them, they wash right out ! You can get them and your local walmart most likely !

Well good luck girl !




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I bleached my hair last night to remove the dark hair dye I had in. How long before I can dye it again?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment