Saturday, September 21, 2013

Can I go from red hair to a different color without bleaching?

red violet hair color
 on The New Trends in Hair Highlights
red violet hair color image



Demenjon11


Well I had dyed my hair a red violet hair color and now I want to dye it a dark auburn or a dark chocolate brown.Would I have to bleach?My roots are starting to show my natural dark brown hair,also.


Answer
If the color you are wanting is darker than the color you currently have on, you do not need to bleach first. Bleaching or using a color remover is only necessary if you are wanting to go lighter.
Good Luck!

Why does violet hair color cancel out red?




Kitryna


My mother-in-law is going to cosmetology school and has been told that violet hair color cancels out red tones, but no one has been able to tell her WHY. She's looking for a sort of scientific answer of how it effects the hair and what the results are so that she can fully understand what is going on with the colors - she is more used to paint where mixing violet with red results in, well, red. Thank you for any help you can offer.


Answer
Actually mixing violet with red, as in paint results in red-violet.

I think it is down to a chemical property and that you wouldn't be mixing the red hair color with the violet dye. The dye or hair color covers up the existing color or removes it from the hair shaft.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I go from red hair to a different color without bleaching?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment