Thursday, September 19, 2013

What is so great about MLP, and why did it become a meme?

red hair kid meme
 on emily browning hair color , smileys emoticons for msn , pop false ...
red hair kid meme image



Chase


It's just like any other kids TV show


Answer
You have to watch it to know why it is so good.

If you have seen it, then that is just pretty much your own opinion.

What I personally find great about MLP is many things:

Personally, I asked the same question as you did, I did not understand why. I never watched the show, I actually only saw the title scene and pretty much gave up.
As the spark of popularity increased I decided to watch an episode, and it was good.

What got me into it was a few things, such as plot structure. The plot was amazing as I had expected so much different. There was suspense, humor in the right places, and the story fit perfectly. It also isn't childish at all for the writers and animators of this show were writers and animators of the famous old 90's cartoons (Dexters Lab, Fosters Home ect.)
The voice characterization is quite perfect. The voices really seem to fit the characters so well, that if their voices were to change, it just would not be right. There voices also fit nicely with their personalities.
The animation is quite good, for although it is made with computer, it doesn't use fancy computer effects. Motion blur is not used when dealing with speed. Probably the only time motion blur is seen is when one of the Pegasi are flapping their wings at a high speed. Also, their body flows, like if one of the ponies bounces, their hair also bounces, it just doesn't stay in place. As well, MLP uses the old technique you kind of see in Ren and Stimpy, when if something painful happens, or crazy happens, the background changes to a red color, or a crazy color.
The humor is just right for people who enjoyed growing up with 90's Cartoon Network. There is just classic humor such as when a pony hits something hard, they go flat and stick in that position.
MLP creators listen to their fans as well on this show. As for Derpy Hooves (a popular character among the fan community) was a background pony, with messed up eyes, and the eye error was an animation error, it was not intended. Yet Derpy made it to being a big character after fans boosted her up to popularity.

You do not have to be a fan of the show to be a Brony, you can also enjoy the fan made materials, such as music, comics, comedy, remixes ect.. I personally am more into the fan made material, than the show itself, but I do watch the show on occasion.

MLP has a ton of "meme" moments, parts where when you pause at the exact moment, it fits to put a caption under it. I personally do not make memes, so I do not know how meme makers come across the pictures they do, but they do it, and people enjoy.

If you have not tried the show, go ahead and do it, you MAY change your mind,
If you have seen the show, and don't get it, then the show just isn't for you, and there is nothing wrong with that for I personally dislike shows that my friends love, just because it isn't for me.

Does any one have some time and mind reading this story I wrote?




Madison R


Tell me honestly what you think and to everyone who reads it thanks!!!
Note I'm 13

Also does anyone have any title suggestions? I was thinking The Fruit Loop in a World of Cheerios but idk.

Every single girl at Jacob Creek Middle School wanted to be Hannah Gibson. She was the girl; she had everything a girl could want in a community like Jacob Creek, luscious blonde hair and pool blue eyes, boys chasing her around begging her to even just speak to them. She had gorgeous clothes, her underwear alone cost more than any of our outfits. Jacob Creek was a poor community, many people lived in small one-floor houses, but Hannah Gibsonâs house had three floors, not including her basement, which was carpeted. Hannah had her two best friends, Caroline and Alison, her loyal followers.
I sit next to Hannah in English class; I used to be next to Billy Baker until one day Miss. Cupola decided Iâd be better off without Billyâs distractions, Billy liked me and Miss. Cupola knew that better than any one in the class.
On January 8th Meg and I were making our way from the cafeteria to our next class. I had English and Meg had History. As Meg and I were saying our goodbyes I noticed a girl with fire red hair in our English classroom. My eyes darted to the girl. She looked different from every kid in Jacob Creek. Everyone here had brown hair, or blonde hair. She also wore a yellow pinafore dress, it was scraggly and peasant looking. Suddenly I felt a jab in my side.
âLook at the new girl!â It was Hannah Gibson, talking to me as if this was a daily occurrence.
âYeah.â My response was delayed. I was so much in shock that Hannah was talking to me.
âWonder what planet sheâs from.â Hannah laughed. I laughed too. I wanted Hannah to accept me.
When we had all taken our seats Miss. Cupola cleared her throat and faced the class. She took a deep breath. We all giggled to ourselves, we knew she hated our class; we had the ruddiest most disrespectful boys in our class. Cheryl Ann was the only teachers pet of our class and she still wasnât exactly well-behavied material.
âClass, I have some very exciting news! With us today is a new student. Meme Clearwater from Washington.â
âWhoa do you know the president?â Marvin Markers asked.
âNo Marvin, Washington State.â Miss. Cupola corrected. Suddenly, Meme became boring, useless and a fruit loop in a world of cheerios. Her eyes kept darting to Hannah, Hannah was obviously annoyed, and she hated being stared at.
âThe new girl has no manners!â Hannah whispered to me. I starting laughing.
âMabel, do you have something youâd care to share with the class?â Miss. Cupola asked. I shook my head. âThen would it be okay with you if I started class?â I nodded. Iâd never been talked to like that from a teacher before. But Hannah was laughing so I knew Iâd done something right.
For the next two months, Meme was the target for teasing. I had joined Hannahâs cult and we together made Meme feel awful about herself. We called her Dirty Washington and spread a rumor that said she didnât own a washing machine. We talked about upcoming parties that she obviously wasnât invited to in front of her. We laughed at just about everything she did. But one day, Hannah got sick of the little teases we were pulling. She decided it was time for something bigger.
Every single recess Meme sat alone reading, the plan was that one recess we were going to tell Marvin Marker that Meme had a big crush on him, then make her kiss him and show him her underwear. Hannah had a foolproof plan on what to do but she wouldnât tell any of us, she just told us to go along with everything she said and did. We all did that already.
Marvin was shooting basketball hoops with the other boys; Hannah weaved her way through the game, grabbed Marvin by the collar and brought him to the sidelines.
âHey Marvin, I know some one who has a giant crush on you.â Marvinâs eyes lit up, he obviously thought she was going to say it was herself.
âWho?â He asked eagerly.
âMeme Clearwater.â
âEW. Yuck, thatâs gross, sheâs gross!â Marvin exclaimed in disgust.
âI know, I agree, but just follow me for a sec, okay?â Marvin nodded. Hannah was a goddess to him, if he did what she said, maybe sheâd develop a crush on him. Hannah led Marvin to the bench where Meme sat and read her book every recess. Caroline, Alison and I followed.
âHey Meme, why donât you give your crush a big sloppy kiss!â Hannah announced once weâd reached Meme.
âHuh?â Meme asked confused.
âWe all know you like Marvin Markers, stop pretending you donât and give him a smooch!â
âNo, because I donât like him.â Meme said.
âWhat a baby, canât even admit when she likes a guy!â Hannah exclaimed. Caroline and Alison and I nodded our heads in agreement. All at once Hannah snatched the book from Memeâs hands, she held it over the trashcan next to the bench.
âKiss your crush or elseâ¦â Hannah exclaimed. Meme made a face, got up and kissed Marvin on the head.
âKiss your crush or elseâ¦â Hannah exclaimed. Meme made a face, got up and kissed Marvin on the head. Marvin groaned. He mouthed, âCan I go now?â to us, we shook our heads. Meme was trying to run away but Hannah was too fast, she caught up and grabbed Meme by her neck. Hannah knew Meme didnât have the gut to tell on us.
âNow kiss Marvin for real⦠on the lips or weâll tell him your secret!â I doubted Hannah actually knew a secret about Meme but this statement made Meme so scared that she leaned forward, Hannahâs grasp still on her neck and kissed Marvin Markers, right on the lips. Youâve never heard someone yell âEW!â As loud as Marvin Markers did the day Meme Clearwater kissed him.
âNow we have one more thing for you to do.â Hannah exclaimed. âShow Marvin your underwear.â She said nonchalantly.
âNo!â Meme exclaimed. Hannah tightened her grip. Meme took a big gulp and pulled her dress up a tiny bit. Hannah yanked it the rest of the way until Memeâs underwear was fully exposed.
âMeme you donât have to show the world your underwear!â Hannah yelled. She nodded over in our direction.
âYeah Meme thatâs gross!â I chimed in.
âDear God! I did not need to see that! Youâre breaking a rule Meme no nudity during school!â Louise exclaimed, by now a crowd had gathered around, Meme sheepishly pulled her dress down. Even the recess monitor, Maya had made her way over.
âMeme please report to the office now! I will not tolerate any⦠nudity.â
Meme got suspended for three days.
When Meme came back we spent the rest of March tormenting her. We got her suspended two more times, one time by making her kick mud at Maya and another time we forced her to scream at the top of her lungs during a state wide testing session. We even made Meme cut her mid-back length red hair to an ear-length choppy style.
One day we starting a school project, together with a partner we had to write a story. It was to practice what a story with two authors is like.
Miss. Cupola picked randomly and I was stuck with Meme Clearwater. Meme suggested going to her house.
Memeâs house was at a trailer park. She lived with her Mom and older brother Seth. She explained to me that Seth was at basketball tryouts and her Mom was still at work. Meme made macaroni and cheese for us to eat. I remembered what Hannah had said to me when I told her I was being forced to go to Memeâs house. âDonât eat any food there, itsâ probably contaiminated.â We both laughed.
âUm Iâm not that hungry.â I announced.
âOh.â Meme said.
After Meme had finished her Macaroni we spread out our work on the kitchen table. Within five minutes of getting started we heard a knock on the door. Meme answered it.
âNice place.â A sarcastic voice said. I knew at once that it was Hannah. I fled to the door.
âMabel, good to see you, weâre going to Jillâs Parlor for ice-cream. Come!â Hannah exclaimed.
âOkay. You can finish the work by yourself, right Meme?â
âI donât think so.â Meme said
âUm. Meme that wasnât a question that Mabel asked.â Hannah said. And with that, I left.
Meme missed nearly all of April. On May 2nd Miss. Cupola told us that Memeâs house had burned down, her mother and brother died and Meme was now in a foster home. Hannah, Caroline, Alison and I laughed and joked about how no foster home could possibly want Meme.
On May 7th we went to Jillâs Parlor for ice-cream and saw Meme. She had blood shot eyes and was all alone.
âHey orphan Annie!â Hannah laughed. We laughed with her. âWe heard about what happened to you, so sad. Schoolâs no fun with no one to tease, so how about we make up for all the time we missed right now?â Meme was shaking her head, but Hannah didnât even notice. âSteal Mr. Moo!â She commanded. Mr. Moo was the mannequin cow in the window of Jillâs Parlor. He was just the right size, not to big, not to small to carry out the door. But Meme stay put.
âWhatâs the matter, scared?â Hannah teased.
âScardey Cat!â We chanted.
âIâm not scared, Iâm very brave.â Meme said, this put us into fits of giggles.
âThen prove it.â Hannah said motioning to Mr. Moo. Meme to a deep breath, ran over, snatched Mr. Moo and carried him to the door.
âWhereâs that girl going with Mr. Moo?â Someone exclaimed. Meme didnât hear and she was running out the door and down the street, obviously from us, but it looked so suspicious. The police were called right away; Mr. Moo was older than Jillâs Parlor itself. The police brought Meme home to the foster home. We followed and heard Memeâs foster Mom screaming at her from all the way outside the barbed wire fence. Meme was in for it.
Meme returned back to school May 11th, no one knew why, but we assumed maybe it had something to do with the Mr. Moo incident.
Hannah got a brilliant idea. She brought matches to school one day and an expensive cigarette from France (her dads,) she told us she was going to force Meme to smoke during recess.
Maya would see and it would be something Maya couldnât ignore. We got out to the recess yard. We approached Meme and held out the cigarette and matches.
âSmoke it or weâll tell Marvin you want to kiss him again. Come on smoke it right here, behind this tree, no one will see.â Hannah was lying obviously, she was going to tell Maya.
âNo. I donât want to.â Meme exclaimed
âOh Marvinâ¦â Hannah called. Caroline and Alison were laughing. I wasnât. Hannah shot me a look saying âlaugh-unless-you-wanna-be-out-of-the-group.â
âHannah, you seriously need to stop, itâs dangerous to her health and itâs going to get her in a lot of trouble. Youâve gone way to far this time and itâs not funny.â I said mustering up all the confidence I had, which wasnât much since I was practically brainwashed by Hannah.
âExcuse me?â Hannah said in disbelief.
âYou heard me Hannah. Donât make her do it or Iâm telling Maya you brought cigarettes to school.â
I knew this was a mean way to act, but somehow I think Hannah deserved it.
âYou are so in for it Mabel!â Hannah announced grabbing me by the neck like she had to Meme the day she forced Meme to kiss Marvin. All at once Maya came over.
âHannah! Let go of Mabel this instant! Youâre going to hurt her!â Hannah let go and the cigarette and matches fell to the ground. Hannah was suspended for a week and the last we heard, her father got so mad at her that he sent her to reform school.
Meme and I became great friends. We rode bikes, had sleepovers and read Tiger Beat. We still are great friends to this day. We recently saw Hannah at our high-school reunion. She works at Wall-Mart and is unmarried. Caroline and Alison left Hannah during that summer after the horrible year of making fun of Meme. They both followed the paths they wanted and are nice, lovable women Meme is married and so am I.
We are neighbors and plan on having our three-year old daughters, Brianna and Vivian, become as great friends as we are. It just goes to show you, there is such thing as karma, and no matter what you should always be nice to someone. Be the fruit loop in a world of cheerios.



Answer
that was great!! :) i would never be able to do anything like that..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is so great about MLP, and why did it become a meme?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment