Friday, February 21, 2014

Do you do at home coloring for red hair?




Dunthat


what kind is best and won't fade and also what kind of other products do you use on your hair?
I am looking for something that works,but won't cost me a lot.
I work nights so I don't go in the sun lol.I also have naturally curly hair though so I have to use gel and hair spray for that and I use cheap stuff.Will that make the color fade?



Answer
Red is an odd colour when it comes to dying hair. It's the quickest to fade, but the hardest to get out. It doesn't matter what dye you use, the red WILL fade within 2 weeks, tops. I dyed my hair red once using Loreal Feria. The results at the beginning were brilliant, I loved it, but after a few weeks it began to fade to an orangy colour. I experimented with different red dyes with a friend, but we couldn't find anything which would hold. The only advise I could give to you if you were to dye your hair red is to wash it in cool water and buy a good colour protecting shampoo and conditioner. But don't do it if you're not prepared to maintain the colour every 3-5 weeks. And when you get bored of the red, its such a terrible colour to get out and it would involve bleach. You also said your hair is curly... Dye would very easily damage your hair, because curly hair isn't very strong. And yes, the gel and spray will make it fade. Hope this helps (:

Sophie (:

How to get desired red hair color when dyeing at home?







I recently dyed my hair with Ion Color Brilliance - Medium Red Brown (4R). This is my first time coloring my hair in at least 5 years so I was starting with a totally clean slate. I'm 24 and my natural hair color is medium brown with reddish blonde highlights (more or less depending on sun exposure). My hair is healthy, semi-thick, and about 3 inches below my shoulders with long layers. I remember when I dyed my hair as a teenager it would pull red but mainly like burgundy....purpleish red. The current look I'm moving toward is more of an orange-red like Isla Fisher (when she has a darker auburn-red color, not too bright). I'm assuming I need to mix two different colors of dye to achieve this but not sure??? I don't want to end up looking like bozo lol Also, don't worry...I dont plan to dye again for another 4-6 weeks as recommended. And I can't afford $200 at a salon so please dont send me in that direction. Thanks!


Answer
I experimented with red dye for about 6 months on my own, but have had red professional dyed hair for 3 years now. I'm a medium brown with sun highlights as well. I got the extreme with self dye, my friends called it mountain dew code red color, to a dark auburn. It really depends on your base color. Those front photos on the box don't tell you what the person started with, so it's better to look at the photos of what your hair will look like depending on your base color. I now go to a haircolorist, but I question if I should continue. Money issues.... I love Isla Fishers hair color, and the girl from MadMen. They are both blondes that dye red, which makes it hard for us brunettes to compete. So don't try to duplicate too much of Isla's color, it won't work for us. So your choice of medium auburn was the right one. If you are really gustsy try a strawberry blonde, it probably won't take as much, and have a darker red since you have brown hair.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do you do at home coloring for red hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment