Monday, February 17, 2014

How to go to dark brown to light red hair.?




ajkillah


My hair is really dark brown.
and i wanna dye the top part of my hair Red.
Do i have to bleach it first?
or is there some dye thats really bright and i dont have to bleach it, cause honestly i dont wanna bleach my hair again! so help anyone???



Answer
You will have to bleach it. But since you only want to be a light red (I'm assuming flashy?) you won't need to bleach it for a long time.

When hair is bleached, it goes through 10 stages. For example, since your hair is dark brown, your underlying pigment in your hair is going to be red. This means that when you bleach your hair, you will notice your hair will first turn the color red (stages 1-4), then it changes to red/orange (5,6), then orange (7), then orange yellow (8), then yellow (9), then very pale yellow to white(10+).

With bleach, the lighter you go, the more damage gets done to your hair. So in your case, you don't have to worry much because you don't need to get to the yelloy pigment to get your red color.

When you apply the bleach, keep watching your hair in the mirror (in natural light works best) and rinse out your hair when it is orange looking. When it is at that stage then you can apply your red color (would be best with a violet base to tame the orange. I wouldn't use blue (or ash base) because then you would cut out the red entirely).

Good Luck!

red and light brown hair?

Q. in a couple of day im getting red ends on the end of my hair down like crayon red and i have like a dark blonde to a light brown color in my hair and i wanted to know what you think


Answer
Well i got red highlights in my hair my natural color is a light brown and every one told me it looked great on me but i did like a alburn red not to bright. and i got freckles so that may of helped how it looked.
hope your hair looks great




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to go to dark brown to light red hair.?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment