Sunday, April 20, 2014

I have a huge mole on my shoulder... and it's changing, and quite frankly, I'm worried.?

Q. I've had this mole on my shoulder since I must have been four years old, and, it's always been the same size and shape (just smaller than the average sized chocolate chip, not quite the width of a grown female's pinky nail, but not quite small either). Also, I've always had a few light hairs that grow out of it. But about six months ago it started changing color as well as began bulging out a little. It began getting paler and more skin-color rather than its usual dark brown. It's always been soft to touch like skin, but has recently gotten thicker-feeling. Also as far as the bulging, every now and then it will inflate then ooze a clear, watery ooze, then it would be normal again. Not a lot of ooze, though, just a little.

Just now, however, I felt it and it was really swollen, and really cold, and hard, and really pale, almost transparent. It was a little wet from the clear ooze so I gave it a little squeeze like a zit and a little more came out. So, and I probably shouldn't have done this, but, I squeezed it hard enough to completely drain it, and it started bleeding a little. It oozed enough water to drench the tips of my fingers. It then returned to it's usual self (and by usual I mean to the state it has become recently, not before six months ago). But it is red now from blood just under the skin's surface.

Should I be alarmed?


Answer
I don't mean to scare you but that is one of the classic textbook signs. You should show it to a doctor. Doctors don't even bother these days to do a biopsy, he'll just take it off right there in the office. It's about a ten-minute thing, a few squirts of novocaine, trace around it with a knife, and two or three stitches. Then the little lump of tissue goes to a lab to be examined under a microscope for cancer cells.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have a huge mole on my shoulder... and it's changing, and quite frankly, I'm worried.?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment