Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hair color?




twilightgi


I was thinking about dying my hair a deep burgundy purple-ish color. I've always thought it was really pretty but I'm not sure if it would look good on me or not. So I'm asking all of you! I have fairly light skin, dark brown eyes, and my hair is currently dark brown. Also, what brands of hair dye would you all recommend?


Answer
I also have fair skin and brown hair and I have done the red purplish type of color and you would look awsome.Revlon colorsilk is really good but just be warned that reds and burgandys or anything that has red in it except for brown WILL fade very fast

What is the best brand of hair colour Revlon,L'Oreal,Garnier,Clairol,Henna?

Q. I want to dye my hair dark brown or reddish auburn, but I don't know the best brand. I want a brand that won't dry out my hair,won't damage my hair, and the colour should not fade as fast.(like in 2 weeks) All my friends say to use Henna, because it's the best brand and it does not dry or damage your hair.
Thank you!!!!!


Answer
Your friends are wrong...henna is the most riskiest and the one that you have no idea what the outcome will be.
and do NOT BUY A BOXED KIT OF HAIR COLOR. What you need to do to have the best hair color is to buy the tube of color and the developer separate.....
and let me explain...why....
they only work on 10% of the people......because ........
think about this:what if a red head
a blonde
a brunette
and a black hair
person all go into the store to buy that same box of hair color........
which one of the them is going to have the correct color when finished?
Only one of them............
why? because it matters what color the hair your start with as to how the outcome will end up
On the UNIVERSAL hair color chart that all companies go by....there are a base 12 colors of hair.....
Level 1 is Black and Level 12 is white hair
Only 1 of them will get the proper outcome with a boxed hair color..........because each Level needs a different formula to have the correct outcome...
T H E R E F O R E:
there is a 1 in 12 shot you might get the right color
that is not very good and not the numbers I would want with MY OWN hair..........

how about you?

I am a Colorist/Stylist from Malibu Calif. and would be very glad to help you get the right color and developer so that you will not have any of the problems, you want avoid.
It sounds like it will be fairly simple only I need the color your hair "is" now BEFORE anything is put on it.

You most likely have a SALLY'S Beauty Supply in the town you live in....they are in every city practically in the USA. There is a new line of professional color made by CLAIROL called PREMIUM Creme PRO LIne....
now it depends on the exact color
but for an example if you want: Reddish auburn Level 5 hair
you should buy 2 tubes of color and mix 1/2 tube of one with 1/2 tube of the other.
buy 1 tube of : 5R and one tube of :6N
mix 1/2 of 5R(RED) Plus 1/2 of 6N(light Brown) stir....
Add 2 ounces of 20 Volume Developer
apply with brush.
Leave on 40 minutes.
The exact directions are written out on the box of color. JUST as if you had bought a kit. So it tells you exactly what to do and you should follow that. I have some of the color here, so I just looked at the box to give you their directions.

That is the professional way to color.

If you want more specific help, i will be glad to give it to you. As a Colorist we used to call boxed hair color kits "job security"...because people would always trash their hair and then come to us to get it fixed after using BOXED HAIR COLOR KITS....and that is why hair stylists never say anything about them....
I'm retired from hair....and have a hair BLog now... so I write about Hair and am a chemist now
Tackling the problem of trying to get everyone to stop using the boxed kits is a mission of mine.

iT'S a fairly easy method of working around the kits and then more people will not have to go through the heart ache of trashed hair
HTH
email me with any questions if you want....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Hair color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment