Sunday, June 1, 2014

is red hair a dominate hair color ?




Kat


I have brown hair my son was a red head and his daughter is a red head his wife is blond. I alway heard that you get your hair color from your moms side.


Answer
dark hair is 'dominate', Red tends to mix more than dominate. You may have strawberry blond kids or auburn offspring.

You get your hair color from the darkest gene you inherit, and that can come from either parent.

Will my kid be a ginger or...will it have my hair color? Curious!?

Q. Ok so im a girl with light brown hair, and my boyfriend is a ginger, like full on ginger, and I was thinking about if we had kids one day what color hair they would have. red hair runs in his family, his mom, brother, and him all have it, and my grandma has redish hair and my mom has like light brown hair with some red in it too so im thinking my kid will be a ginger too. Correct? or Not?


Answer
Theres an easy way to work it out, however I'd need to know the hair colour of both your dads, but since they weren't mentioned, I'd assume neither of them are ginger..
So providing it is only one of his parents that is ginger, and none of yours (assuming your mums hair is predominantly light brown) There's a 25% chance of your kid being ginger, meaning that if you had 4 kids, it is not definite, but likely that one of them would be ginger.
However taking into account that red hair is a recessive gene, and none of your kids would carry two ginger alleles, none of your kids would actually be ginger.. probably..
Wow, that was a long way round to the answer, but i was working it out as i typed, and now i cant be bothered to erase the unnecessary bits.. sorry about that.. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: is red hair a dominate hair color ?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment