Thursday, January 16, 2014

Where to buy good quality red hair dye?

red hair color manic panic
 on ScatterrBrained - a blog for the fashionably inclined: Whip It Real ...
red hair color manic panic image



Neira


Hi everyone,

I would like to know where to buy good quality red hair color. At the moment, my hair is longer then shoulder-length. The color is medium ash brown with 2-3 inches light tips (colored with L'Oreal's Medium Ombre). The only reason I colored it like that is because I am 31 and I feel like I shouldn't do crazy hairdos or colors anymore, but all this time I am feeling like something is missing. So, I decided to put red over it, so that my brown hair is actually auburn and my tips are screaming crazy red, with a few highlights here and there.
I have problems finding a good red hair color. I've just ordered a jar of Manic Panic's RED PASSION, but that color is semi-permanent and I want something that's going to last at least 5-6 weeks.
Does anyone have an advice on where to find similar hair color that is permanent? Or do you think that if I mix some regular (store-bought, for example: L'Oreal's Feria or similar) red color, it would last longer?

Thank you!



Answer
are you looking for permanent or semi/demi permanent? If you're looking for permanent, Garnier, L'oreal and Clairol all make pretty good at home box dyes. I've provided a Garnier colour swatch below.
if you want a semi-permanent dye, or if you want to buy one and mix a little bit in with your conditioner (which is a good way to keep it from fading as fast), then Punky Colour makes a very pigmented red called 'Red Wine'.
For the best upkeep for red hair, I would use a colour safe shampoo. Seeing as shampoo strips the hair, you'll need something with no sulfates or Sodium Lareth Sulfate. A good shampoo for red-heads, ironically enough, is Redken. They make a shampoo called colour-extend (which I have), and it is very good quality. Avoid drugstore shampoos, because these contain a lot of silicone which means you'll have to use a strong cleansing shampoo to get rid of the build-up more often, which isn't good for red or any colour-treated hair.
You can purchase permanent hairdye at Walmart, Costco, CVS, Kroger, Ultah, Sally's, etc.
You can purchase Punky Colour @ Hot Topic, Sally's, etc. or online at Folica.com.

Hope this helps!

Is there any other red hair product besides Manic Panic?




Courtney


I love Manic Panic, & it gives me the color I want, however, it fades waaay too quickly, & it stains everywhere each time I wash it, as it always bleeds. Is there any other hair dying product that someone knows about that gives you bright red hair? (Color of Rock N Roll Red or Vampire Red)?


Answer
Special Effects hair dyes are wonderful and last a long time.
make sure to leave your dye in for a few hours as well.. this will help it last longer :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where to buy good quality red hair dye?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment