Saturday, June 14, 2014

How often should I wash/shampoo hair to keep the red in?




Kayla


I know red is the hardest to keep...but I'm hoping there's a way to get it to stay as long as possible..

I heard washing in cold water keeps color in better. And to shampoo only a few times a week.

I just need to clarify;
By wash do they mean wash AND shampoo in cold water?
Or is it okay to get my hair wet in warm water, as long as I only wash it in cold water?
And should I only condition when I shampoo? Or condition more often? And..when I condition should I use cold water as well?
..And, do dry shampoos work? Since I can't shampoo every day..do dry shampoos make hair look/feel non-oily?

Sorry, I am hair dumb! :) So many questions.



Answer
red hair is tricky but there are certain shampoos and conditioners made for that color,you can find at any retail store.Basically these products stain the hair with red which helps keep it looking radiant also you can use shampoos made for color hair which do not strip the hair as much.I suggest shampooing every other day or every third day exspecially in winter time,the dry air sucks the life out of hair,skin,and nails also condition every time. If you have fine hair and gets oily easy use a water based spray on cond. after shampooing,Coarse or drier hair use heavier cond.and leave on 3 to 5 min.s. As for the temperture of water I suggest warmer water for shampooing(it opens the cuticle)rinse with warm then put cond.on then rinse with cooler water(it closes cuticle trapping the cond.in where you need it) hope this helps

Dyed Red Hair Shampoo HELP!?




Kali


I just had my hair dyed red and everyone is telling me its going to fade badly. I was looking online for tips and have found quite a few. I was wondering can I still use my favorite shampoo the Olive Branch I'll list the ingredients.
* Vine Leaf Infusion (Vitis vinifera),
* Water (Aqua),
* Sodium Laureth Sulfate,
* Sodium Cocoamphoacetate,
* Fresh Mandarin Juice (Citrus nobilis),
* Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea),
* Perfume,
* Propylene Glycol,
* Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia),
* Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum),
* Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Dulcis),
* Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis),
* Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride),
* Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides),
* *Benzyl Benzoate,
* *Limonene,
* *Linalool,
* Hydroxycitronellol,
* FD&C Red No. 4,
* Methylparaben.



Answer
Oh yes, red hair is the worst for fading.. i had red hair all winter changing different shades every 2 weeks since it kept fading (from bright fire red, auburn, to dark cherry) I was using the John Freida for red hair, which helped slightly but the best thing you can do is cut back shampooing as much as you can to 2-3 times a week(obviously you can shower, just tie up your hair) and buy a dry shampoo to keep it from looking greasy(tresseme makes 2 cheap ones that work well)

whats going to make it fade in the shampoo you have is the Sodium Laureth Sulfate... they make sulfate free shampoo's for coloured hair, you see them everywhere now(loreal has a nice one).. your shampoo will probably be fine though if you cut back washing your hair like i said!

good luck!, enjoy your new look!

reds such a sexy colour


P.S = just remembered something that helped me really well was a protein filler in a red shade (you can get it in sallys, i had to ddrive to the USA to get mine!) you can add it to your dye when you colour, or even your conditioner!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How often should I wash/shampoo hair to keep the red in?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment