Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Red Hair Dye Questions?/Which Hair Idea?

Q. Hi!! My hair is now like a medium kind of auburn-y, reddish, brownish color. Here's a link to what I look like: www.youtube.com/tiffanytragedy96

Anyway, if I use Splat Luscious Raspberries, or a Manic Panic red dye, would it turn out like a natural auburn, reddy kind of color, or just look stupid? I realize it works best and turns about the brightest on bleached hair, but I don't want "neon" red hair. I want it just to turn out a beautiful, natural-looking, medium red-brown.

Or, I had an idea to dye my hair a medium golden brown with a light beige brown highlights.

Which would look best on me? Thanks!! :)


Answer
Those dyes give out a vibrant, neon looking hair color. If you're not going to bleach your hair, you could apply them and it won't be as vibrant, but it won't really turn out well.

Not only that, but I wouldn't recommend Manic Panic, especially the reds. They bleed, they fade quickly, and they look horrible when they fade. When you put them on though, they are a good looking color, it's just the reds especially fade after one wash.

If you want medium red-brown hair, I would go to Sally's Beauty Supply and look at different colored hair dyes for red hair. I use Ion Color Brilliance, and the color is amazing. It's a permanent hair color, though, and it doesn't fade as quickly.

I personally think the medium golden-brown with the light beige brown highlights would look better on you. That would be harder to achieve though, if you're going to do it yourself.

Do it at home by yourself or go to a professional, it's up to you!

Random question about my children and the red hair trait?







Okay, so I am bored and decided to ask this thanks for reading.
My fraturnal great-grand father is full blooded Irish and at least half of his 16 kids have (and had) natural red hair. Their daughter (my grandma) has red hair and 2 of her 6 children has red hair (my aunt and uncle) and my aunts son has brown hair but a red tint in his beard yet his daughter has bright orange, red hair just like the earlier generation(the daughters mother's family has NO red genes). And my dad has brown hair with a brown and blonde beard but with little to no red tint. And I have brown hair with a brown, blonde goatee with a noticing red tint just like my cousin who has the red haired daughter. So my question is, could any of my children have this orange-ish red-ish Irish hair just as easily as my cousin's daughter does? Thanks for reading and I am 17.



Answer
Red hair is rare and it is believed to be a recessive gene. If you carry a copy of this gene and marry someone who also carries a recessive copy of the same gene, then 1 in 4 of your children may have red hair. That does not mean that you will have 1 red haired child if you have four, and you may have a red haired child even if you have just one kid. It depends on luck. And it also depends on luck whether you carry a copy of this gene and whether you will ever meet, fall in love and then marry someone who also has the recessive gene for red hair. To increase your chances, you can marry a girl with red hair since she definitely has 2 copies of the recessive red hair gene, unless she dyes her hair red. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Red Hair Dye Questions?/Which Hair Idea?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment