Thursday, June 12, 2014

Some questions about dying hair red! :] help please?




amy-jayne


My hair has a Garnier Belle Colour "Natural Dark Brown" colour on all over at the moment.
I want to get it a red shade, not vibrant but not dark or auburn either..
If I bleached my hair all over, would it go patchy? I've bleached black hair before and it went an awful orange and black colour, but maybe brown will be different?
How many bleaches would it need to be light enough to dye red?

I have bleached my hair before, so no answers saying, Red is an awful colour, or it will be too damaging.. I know and I'm willing to risk it.!



Answer
First you have to know What colours are your hair naturally. Colours? Yes you can have brown hair with a golden hue or brown hair with a red hue. You can have deep black hair with a blue hue. So on and so forth.
Then you need to know if it is virgin hair or bleached hair. YOu mentioned you have bleached before. HOw long ago? How much of your root has grown back? This is very important to getting an even colour.
By the way virgin hair means nothing has been done to it yet. Hasn't previously been bleached.

Next know the amount of colour that you want to strip from you hair. You might not need to bleach ( with should be avoided if possible. cause it is rough on your hair.) You may be able to get away with peroxide. the amount of colour the peroxide with lift depends on the number 10, 20 only enough to deposit colour on to your existing hair colour. 30, + enough to strip out colour and deposit your new shade.
Bleach will strip dark hair right down to and ugly reddish copper light and dark depend on how long you leave the bleach. The longer you leave it the more damage will be done to your hair. You will be burning it. causing bad fizzies and bad split ends. You must mix your colour with bleach or peroxide (what ever number you choose. You want a higher number of peroxide if you are have a darker hair colour and want to go lighter.

YOu leave the peroxide on no less than 15 minutes and up to 45.
You don't leave anything on longer than 45! O.k. The longer the solution the more intensive the harmful effect and the colour lifting so as you get past 25 minutes check your colour more frequently.

Patchy happens when the solution is not applies evenly aver hair you can comb colour through to avoid this and make sure you have enough colour to begin with to really cover your hair too much won't be as bad a s too little. The harm lies in how long you leave it in.

You must have a lot of red in your hair naturally that is why when you bleach you get that nasty copper colour. The same as me. LIsten very closely now You will never get that red out! I know. trust me on that one. What I have discovered to work is to camoflouge the red by toning it down with some blue added to my hair dye. I also go darker now rather than lighter. Never tried adding the blue and going lighter I don't think it will work! So don't try it. Darker is in now anyway have fun with black add a purple hue that only shows when the sun catches it or blue. Like snowwhite. Remember ebony hair.
The science of art and mixing colours comes into play so know what happens if you add certain colour together. You must also know that blue and red make purple so the point of that - is knowing what the underlying colours are that come in to play. These are very important. cause they are there and have an effect on your hair colour even though they are seemingly hidden.
KNow which are the stronger colours and work with these since it is impossible to phase these out.
If you are going from anything ash to darker you should add red to avoid adding a greenish hue to your hair. Now you know my years of experience and have had the benefit of having my mother's tips who was a hairdresser for over 40 years. Hope it is all clear to you now.
My opinion on this matter listening to your question is you are inexperienced and should probably trust a hair stylist to do the colour for you. Boxes aren't all they are cracked up to be. Hairstylist have access to all the strengths of peroxides and things you wont have access too. You don't know what colours they have mixed together i the box to give you the auburn what if it was more red and you were trying to get rid of the red!

But if you are determined to do this thing your self go to a beauty supply shop that sells to the general public buy your colours and preferably peroxide.
I want best answer for telling you the tricks of the trade I can't believe how long this answer turned out to be. Chuckles.

Can you help with a great red hair color recommendation?




jagermeist


I have medium-toned strawberry-blonde hair naturally. Not dark, but not that light gingery color either. I want to get to a rich red, similar to this: http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2794/colorpi9.jpg
All the dyes I've been finding say they are good on dark hair only, and when I bought one that should look good, it made my test patch dark brown! NO good. I look horrible with brown hair. So, can someone point me in the direction of a great red dye that will get me the results I want? Photo examples would be great too if you have them!
I cannot and will not bleach my hair before using a dye. Also, I am looking for a boxed dye such as Clairol or l'Oreal. Manic Panic, Special Effects, Punky, and other such dyes will not work properly without bleaching, so please do not recomend them.



Answer
i use manic panic hair color when i want a vibrant red. you can also use special effects semi permanent dye. the problem with rich, vibrant hues, such as the red you're trying to acheive, is that they lose their tone and luster with washing. a semipermanent color will resolve this problem =] just make sure to touch it up when you notice it starting to fade! i do this all the time! i have black hair, with red chunks



...i don't bleach my hair either!! lol i just leave the dye on a tad bit longer!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Some questions about dying hair red! :] help please?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment