Monday, June 9, 2014

should i cut my thick, red curly hair short for cancer?




Loo


I was thinking maybe the length of maybe an inch above my colar bone. And then the offcuts I'll bag so it can be made into a wig for cancer.... anyways I really want to (for the cancer patients) but I am scared I won't like it.. also do you know how my hair will sit if it is short (as I have thick, curly hair-NOT ringlet curly though)


THANK YOU xoxoxoxoxoox :)))



Answer
Think before you do.

Go to the Better Business Bureau and search the name of the company where the hair is being donated to.

Before cutting your hair and donating them for children under 18 severe burns/CANCER VICTIMS, please go to the link (deleted) provided site, and read more about it. 

MANY places that takes hair for cancer children. . . They get lots of donations, but only give away a small percentage of wigs, and that they profit from all the "extra" donations they get (by selling it and paying themselves big salaries), and that they are fooling people into giving their hair to help.
Example: annual salary $61,260 Dec. 2001 to Nov. 2002.
Hair sales:  $150,719 (Nov. 2002)
Total income: $374.543 (Nov. 2002)

Source of Funds
 
Contributions
939,637
Materials
937,136
Other
26,384
Interest income
11,322
Program fees
10,866
Total Income
$1,925,345 Annual.

There are other ways to help with cancer. Example: we raised $50,000 for Sail for the Cure. I'm raising money right now, selling fabric flowers pins & hair clips, I'm a vendor ANYTHING PINK 100% goes to Susan G. Komen.. By using up my mom's fabric scraps & collection of buttons. She died of cancer in 2008. I've raised so far, almost $2,000, and I just started in March 2011.

Google: Teen wishing to donate Locks of Love is suspended for Violating School's Hair Policy.
Google: Ohio Student Suspended for Growing Out Hair to Donate

Euronext hair extension.?




Marisa


Okay, so being dumb and thought ny long beautiful hair could survive anything, i dyed my hair a whole lot last year and i ended up having to cut it a few inches pass shoulder. I hate it, so I want hair extension. I've search so many brand kinds and of most of them being the best, it was Euronext. Only downfall was they were only 18 inch and kind if thin. I could always get layers or thin my hair out. But i was wondering to the people who have them, how was your experience with them? Are they worth it? Thanks!!!


Answer
I do not recommend them, specially if you've got thin or thinning hair, trying to grow hair or Afri-Amer. They will only make your hair thinner or hair falls.

May 22, 2011: Model and businesswoman Katie Price, who was formerly topless model Jordan, is demanding compensation from a top Los Angeles hair salon after she spent $17,000 on hair colourings and extensions that she claims were botched, leaving her hair so damaged it began falling out.

"Hair extensions can cause some damage to your real hair," says Placid Braganza, a design artiste. "Since they are attached using thermal heat, knotting, braiding or gluing, they can hamper hair roots or even break, split or burn hair strands if not done carefully," he adds.

Published 8-10-12: Even supermodels have bad hair days, but from the looks of this recent photo, Naomi Campbell appears to be dealing with something far worse.
A photo of the 42-year-old beauty vacationing in Ibiza earlier this week shows what appears to be a receding hairline.
Florida hair surgeon Dr. Alan Bauman, who has not treated Campbell, said the former supermodel appears to be suffering from traction alopecia â hair loss due to extensions.
âExtensions, weaves, anything artificial hanging on hair â no matter whether you attach it with glue, special magnets, tape â itâs going to cause damage over time,â Bauman told ABCNews.com. âAnd unless you give your hair a break from those extensions, it wonât rebound.â

Bonding: Bonding or gluing is a temporary weaving method and usually involves longer hair wefts.
Plus points: This method is quick to do.
Red flags: Hair extensions attached by this method do not last too long.

Clip-on hair extensions give you a change of look without damaging your natural hair. "They are easy and quick to apply; usually taking five to seven minutes," says beauty expert, Sylvia Chen. "Moreover, in case you're not very comfortable, you can immediately pull them out," she adds.
Red flags: These clip-on hair extensions need to be removed before you go to bed. You cannot sleep or swim with these. So you may not want to opt for them if you're planning to wear them on a daily basis; you'd have to follow the routine of attaching them every morning and removing them before sleeping. Moreover, they may also lead to hair breakage while removing the clips; some even tend to tangle and fall apart after a few days.

Traction alopecia is hair loss that occurs as a result of continuous pulling of the hair. Pulling may occur from hairstyles such as tight cornrows, plaits or braids with or without extensions, weaves, ponytails or even hair rollers or curlers. Natural hairstyles can also lead to traction alopecia as well. Long heavy locks and tightly coiled twists can lead to traction alopecia. The hair loss associated with traction alopecia typically occurs at the frontal hairline, at the temples or the area of the scalp above the ears. It may also occur at the posterior hairline.
Watch: Good Hair a documentary by Chris Rock 2009 on BET or HBO. According to Tyra Banks, 80% of the black population are part of the trillion dollar hair industry. Clips on youtube videos, also.

Google: Worst Celebrity Wigs & Weaves.
Google: Raw hair for sale, shortening your hair by 12 inches can fetch you more than Rs. 12,000 â a handy sum if youâre looking to make a quick buck, used for hair extensions and wigs spawning a multi-billion dollar industry.
. http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Long-hair-Don-t-forget-to-take-your-cut/Article1-989258.aspx

Example from YA!
So for a long time I wanted hair extensions. After a lot of research, I decided to get hairdreams hair extensions. I have blonde curly hair that is just past shoulder length, and when I went for my consultation a few days ago I asked if I should get curly extensions. The woman said that she didn't think so, but she could perm them before I got them, but she didn't think she would need to.

I got them put in yesterday, and they straightened my hair to put them in. This morning I wet all my hair and the extension hair, because I wanted to see how it would look curly. Long story short, I have straight extensions bonded into my curly hair. I really don't like the way it looks, I tried scrunching it, I tried everything I possibly could without using heat on my hair, because my hair is really damaged and I don't like using heat on it.

I want the extensions taken out. I really don't like the way they look, I should've thought about it more before jumping right in to getting them put in. Do you think I would be able to get my money back? They were really expensive and I feel like I just wasted my money.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: should i cut my thick, red curly hair short for cancer?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment