Thursday, June 12, 2014

Red Vs. Black hair...?




Harlequin


I'm just curious I guess. I have really fair skin and light blue eyes. My natural color is bland because it is literally a little red, brown and blond...

Anyhow, I'm just trying to decide whether black or red hair would suit me best. Any suggestions?

What would you think if you saw someone with fair skin, light blue eyes and red or black hair?

stereotypes are fine. I thinking personality, stereotype etc... I wear a lot of black, but I don't really dress gothic.


I'm afraid red would be too standout-ish though.. it looks natural on me, but black makes my eyes really noticeable... I like both, I just wonder what people would think when they look at me.

Thanks!

Idk if this changes anything - short, skinny, long hair, some make-up (nothing drastic), jeans, lots of black Tees... and natural looking colors



Answer
I have normal brown hair & get it coloured at a salon, L'oreal 666 is what I have applied & it's a real fiery red & I get lots of positive remarks about my hair colour, I have greeny eyes though but blue eyes can really stand out with red hair. Red hair is also one of the hottest colours around & if you want a few famous names with red hair & blue eye then think of Florence from Florence & the Machine, Lily Cole, Tori Amos, Gillian Anderson. Red hair with blue eye is unique & you will stand out from the crowd, but defo go to a good salon & don't tamper with home products, home hair dyes can give a real cheap red which looks like a home hair dye. Only thing not so great though with having your hair coloured red is it fades pretty quickly, I splashed out on Ojon leave in conditioner for red hair & it really is worth getting if you want to maintain the red locks. Dark hair & blue eye is beautiful too, but I thing you need a bit more make-up with dark hair to carry it off without looking washed out. I think dark hair with natural coloured clothes is a bit boring, get yourself down to the hairdressers girl & go red. Anytime I have went dark brown I always wish my hair was red again. You will look beautiful with red hair & blue eyes, go for it.

Red hair vs Blonde hair?




Stefan


Is blonde more dominate? Blonde is a absence of melanin or chemical as red has pheomelanin. Shouldn't Red have more of a dominance over blonde hair. Please explain, thank you.


Answer
Genetics regarding hair color is a little tricky because it involves epistasis and multiple alleles. Epistasis is a phenomenon in which the phenotype of a gene can be affected by another gene. Multiple alleles are more than two alleles for a certain trait. The pigments for hair color is eumelanin and pheomelanin. In the case of hair, the three types of alleles are black, brown, and blonde hair. Usually, darker colors are dominant over lighter colors so black is dominant against brown and blonde. Brown is dominant against blonde but recessive against black. Lastly, blonde is recessive against both black and brown. Increase in eumelanin causes an increase in darkness in hair. Therefore, black and brown hair have a high concentration of eumelanin while blonde hair doesn't. Every person is born with some pheomelanin which begins to break down as he/she ages. The breakdown of pheomelanin causes his/her hair to become lighter to grey and eventually white despite the concentration of eumelanin. Red hair is a special case. Red hair involves another, independent set of alleles called the non-red hair and red hair alleles. Please note that these alleles are separate from the black, brown, and blonde alleles, and they're located on different loci. The non-red hair allele is dominant over the red hair allele. How does that affect other hair colors? To put it simply, if a person is either homozygous dominant or heterozygous for the non-red hair allele, there hair will not be red. Instead, this person could have black, brown, or blonde hair depending on their hair color trait. On the other hand, if a person is homozygous recessive for red hair, they will have red hair. It doesn't matter if they have the genotype for black, brown, or blonde hair. Those phenotypes won't be expressed, and the red hair phenotype is expressed. Basically, red hair is neither dominant or recessive to blonde hair because they're not the same alleles for a trait.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Red Vs. Black hair...?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment