Sunday, February 2, 2014

Dark red piece of hair to dark purple?




Aryella


I have naturally medium brown hair. Well since February of this year I've died my hair a red. I use OLIA by Garnier and I'm loving it. However, I want to dye a streak of dark purple in the back of my hair. I want to know what steps to take to achieve this.. Thanks in advance!


Answer
You may want to take the red color out of the streak first. The dye you already have in your hair will affect how the purple will turn out. Since Garnier OLIA is permanent, you will need to buy a color remover. I recommend Colorfix. You can get it at Sally's. Some salons will also do this, but at a high price. Then, buy a purple dye. There is a Garnier OLIA dark purple dye, but there are other options. You can find dyes online or in a store such as Walgreens and Rite-Aid. There are many shades and types to choose from. It is possible and less damaging to go straight from dark red to dark purple, but it is harder to get the shade correct. Dark purple can go over medium brown. You can find several tutorials on how to dye streaks in your hair. Good luck.

How long does red hair dye last?

Q. I just dyed a small strip (not even a strip,less than that) red and yes I bleached it. I used splat so I'm wondering one when will it fade and two how bad will it look? I mean it's just a small piece I can easily hide but I don't want it to look bad and damaged.. >.o


Answer
Red hair dye fades the fastest because the molecules that make it are bigger than other colors, so when they come out of the follicle it makes a more immediate impact. Red hair dye will begin to fade within a week and turns kinda orangey. If you want to keep the red you will have to touch it up every 3-4 weeks, but this can damage hair. If you plan on doing this then you need to do a few things to help it stay healthy looking. Use conditioner and leave in conditioner everyday. If you are going to be in the sun for a while then you will want to wear a hat or lightly spray sunscreen in your hair. The biggest thing that will help is only washing your hair under cold water and avoid styling with heat if possible. This should help your hair stay healthy and make the red last longer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Dark red piece of hair to dark purple?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment