Saturday, February 8, 2014

I want to wear red lipstick with my dark turquoise colored dress...?




Essie


It has a lil black lacing on it too. Do you think it will look good? If not, should I wear a different color lipstick with it and if so, what color?


Answer
Choose a red that will compliment your skin and hair and eyes, also if your dark turquoise dress has more of a blue/purple cast, you should wear a cool red lipstick, if your turquoise dress has more of a yellow/green cast, then wear an warm red. If you don't know what i mean, try holding up a royal blue, or primary yellow piece of paper up to your dress, the one that seems to bring out the color or compliment it more is the one you should go with in choosing a lipstick color.

It will probably take some trial and error If you stop by a department store makeup counter, the sales person/makeup artist can point you in the right direction, and give you some samples to try. A lot of them will do all your makeup for free ( I made 2 appts. and did a trial run and then did the makeup the day of my wedding, at the Clinique counter) It is a courtesy, however, to make a purchase...so maybe you could buy the lipstick you're looking for, to keep in your purse for touch ups.

Also if you are wearing a strong lipstick color, then play down your eyes and cheeks, or you can look like a clown...
A make up artist once told me to play up one feature, or my best feature...so that people who look at you notice how dramatic that feature is...if everything is screaming out of your face, they only notice the makeup.

So with red lips do a neutral eye and only a little definition on the cheekbones...
But if you want to do a smokey sexy shadowy eye, then do a neutral lip...

Also, Pinks and berries are very fashionable right now, and a deep berry stain on your lips would really compliment the teal/turquoise of your dress...they are both jewel tones, so they would work well together! Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll look great!

Good luck and have fun!

My Prom Dress Color and Type?

Q. I am going to prom with a junior and I am a freshman.

I have dark red hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. I don't know which colors or what type of dress to get; should it be short or long?

What do you think?
I am 4'10" and YES WE WILL BEHAVE OURSELVES :)


Answer
I would also go with blue, or purples, stay away from brighter colors tho like yellows and oranges and greens. I'm getting a long dress myself, I think long dresses look more pretty especially for prom, they have more of a fairy tale element to it. Also when you think about it you aren't gonna get many chances to really wear a long formal gown, and really dress up afterwards. But short dresses you will get more chances to wear, so I would go with a long dress

Also answer mine plz, I keep getting o respones! :'(
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Au85Q3EwLQ2fqIlZnnJIb_Xsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20120221091844AAruu6x




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I want to wear red lipstick with my dark turquoise colored dress...?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment