Thursday, February 6, 2014

How do I get a deep red burgundy hair color?




Hermionie


I have deep brown/black hair, nearly exactly like kim karashian's old hair. I have already bleached my hair once before. I'm going to use a mixture of L'oreal hicolor hilights in red and magenta. I have long, but thin hair, so im guessing 1-2 tubes are enough. My school has a very strict dress code on hair, so im trying to make it look more natural, but still true to color. The hair coloring kit im using recommends a 30 developer, but i dont know if i should get a 10 or 20 because i don't want to over do it. How long should i leave in the color to achieve the look i want? What level developer should i use? I want the color like the picture shown, but a bit moe muted and natural.


Answer
Burgundy hair usually refers to red, black or brown hair with purple tones. Luckily, this is an easy shade to achieve if your hair is dark, and most hair colors are not as easy to achieve on dark hair.

If your hair is blonde, you run the risk of dying your hair burgundy and winding up with light purple hair--which nobody wants. Blondes should dye their hair a true red color (like Garnier Nutrient 66 True Red (Pomegranate) or a neutral brown color (depending on how vibrant they want the burgundy to be) before using the burgundy shade. This is mostly in reference to light blondes--if your hair is dark blonde, it should be easier. However, some beauty supply stores do carry a blonde burgundy shade. One brand I know of is Ion. They have a color called "burgundy blonde". It's a really nice blonde with red/violet undertones.
If your hair is extremely dark, and previously dyed, burgundy will not be as simple as 1, 2, 3. Instead, you are going to need a very vibrant dye in order to get a good result. A burgundy from a drugstore might show up as a very dark brown on you. If you want a vibrant burgundy, use a purple or reddish-purple shade from Manic Panic. I know it sounds crazy, but since it's demi-permanent, it will wash out eventually, and it will give you a much more vibrant outcome than anything off the shelf. Do not bleach your hair first, unless you're only bleaching it to the red level. If you bleach it too light, then you wind up running the risk of being blonde, and then winding up with light purple hair when you dye it burgundy.
If your hair is light brown to medium brown and dyed, or light brown to black and natural- You are in luck. It is very easy for you to go burgundy! Just use one of the shades below. You can aim for a lighter burgundy, or a deep black-burgundy.

Would this hair color look good on me?




Jeanna


I'm currently blonde. And I'm bored with it. Decided I wanted to go back dark.
So I was thinking a redish brown color, sorta like this :
http://www.zimbio.com/Nicole+Polizzi/articles/ZwbM99UNhUm/Hot+Not+Snooki+New+Raspberry+Red+Hair+Color
The dye I'd be using is "medium burgandy brown" by ion, it's almost exact to hers, but a little less red.


Here's a picture of me:
http://i49.tinypic.com/5oaycm.jpg


Anyways, would it look alright on me?
Or any suggestions for other colors? I'm open to anything at the moment (:



Answer
Red-colored hair truly superb! I love it so much!But you need to dye your locks every month if you wish to maintain the color .
http://www.topicbistro.com/837/bright-red-hair/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I get a deep red burgundy hair color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment