Saturday, March 22, 2014

Best upkeep strategy for dyed red hair?




Dawn


I love going red but I fade really quickly as my hair is blonde naturally.

What products/tips/dyes do you recommend for me?

Thanks :)



Answer
Red is a great colour although it doesn't matter what natural colour your hair is the reds going to fade. I was red for years and used to have to top it up every 6 weeks just to stop it going that horrid orange colour.

There's very little you can do to stop it fading it's just one of the problems with red. Your best bet is to get a good shampoo and conditioner made specifically for red hair. There are a few shampoo products out there which lightly colour the hair as you wash. Your other option is to look for a wash through semi permanent dye. I used to have one which I bought in a hippy style store in town which looked flame red in the pot but when washed through just added that little extra red boost to my hair when needed. The shampoos and wash in products are going to be better for your hair in the long run then constant permanent dying but I'd use a good conditioner none the less.

Oh also another little tip once you go red getting rid of it is a nightmare and dam near impossible. It took me months of colouring just to get back to brown as it's a colour that breaks through everything and clings on for dear life! I keep thinking it would be great to go red again but I know for a fact my hairdresser would now kill me hehe.

How do I dye hair red?




Rocio


I have naturally dark brown almost black hair. I wanted to dye my hair red so my hair dresser did, and she did a fabulous job. The only thing is my hair won't get a bright red, so the red I have in my hair now is darker, and not clearly red when I'm in dim lighting. Is there anyway I can get that unmistakeably red hair?
I did not bleach my hair, and the red has shown up pretty well, but it's just really the most vibrant in the sun, and not indoors.



Answer
You would most likely have to bleach your hair out before using the red color. It's a job best left to the experts, so I wouldn't try it at home! Reds fade out faster than any other hair color, unfortunately, so the upkeep can be a pain. Once you have the red you want, try using the shampoos and conditioners made for red hair. They work very well, and help to keep your red looking fresh longer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best upkeep strategy for dyed red hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment