Saturday, March 22, 2014

Red hair, what colour headscarf?




Pip Bart


I have red hair and really want a 100% cotton headscarf. if you don't know what they are, they are the head scarfs the 50's women used to wear etc.
I want a few colours but i don't know which colour to get! I'm very confident kinda like jessi j.
the colours are, black, red, hot pink or yellow.
help!



Answer
black
or even hot pink, believe it or not

you can actually use red too, but it has to be either much lighter or much darker than the shade of your hair to look okay

DO NOT use yellow

Can I carry the gene for red hair?




Adriana


Ok, so my cousin and I have brown hair but we also have very scarce red and blonde hairs in our head. I don't know if anybody in my family has red hair, but I seriously love the hair color and I was wondering if My cousin and I might have the gene. The thing is that I would love to marry a redhead and have children with that hair color. Please don't make fun of me or be rude, I just want to know. Redheads are only born if their parents have the gene, maybe a doctor of something might be able to answer... Thanks. =)


Answer
Sure. Brown is dominant, red is recessive. You can either have two brown genes or brown and any recessive color, which gives you brown hair, but your children can be either of the genes you carry and contribute. Since your hair is brown your odds are 50-50 for passing on the one brown gene you must have to have brown hair. There is no way to know what recessive gene you have if you do not have a 2nd brown gene. You may have SOME hairs that are NOT brown, but those are from mutations that have happened to you after you were born, NOT from your genes. These are exceptions after the fact from the brown gene that gives you the base hair color. I have blue eyes. The only way to HAVE blue eyes is to have two blue genes. Blue is the MOST recessive, the LEAST dominant, and yields to ANY other color of eyes. ALL I can pass on is BLUE. I was married to a woman with blue eyes. As a result all of our children can ONLY have blue eyes since we only had blue genes between us. The same applies to red hair. It takes two red genes to HAVE red hair just as it takes two blue genes to HAVE blue eyes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Red hair, what colour headscarf?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment