Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Has anyone used Revlon hair color, specifically #50 light ash brown?




wayshower


I have naturally black hair, and have been dying my hair for years now, so I actually have a reddish brown, and at times coppery look to my hair, it is also very long and curly. Now my roots are coming in black, plus some gray, and I am tired of this coppery or reddish brown, it just does not look right. I'm looking for a more chocolate brown, or Penelope Cruz brown, but I don't want my hair to come out too dark. I bought #50 Light Ash Brown simply because I always made the mistake in the past of getting a color that was too dark. I'm hoping this color will take away the red I already have. I also have olive skin. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!


Answer
Yes I have used it before and my hair has the same condition as you. I have black hair and after years and years of hair dyeing, it is now coppery color. The brown color comes out good, not too dark. I love it, it looks very natural.

If I bleach my hair will it ever go back to it's natural color?




Ariel Hort


It might sound dumb but my friend bleached hers and her natural color is a lot darker now when it grows in, I love my natural color but I want to dye my hair cherry red and to do that I'm gonna have to bleach it. Would I ever be able to get it back to where it is now?


Answer
No. But you've got 50/50 chance. I used to do that. My orig. hair color was blue-black, now I have 4 due to aging gracefully.

Call the 1-800# found on the box of dye or email them, (to find #, go online & search the brand if you don't have the box) they're the hair color experts they can advice you best.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.
Example: "My hair is right about armpit length as it is, but I've severely damaged it by bleaching it all at once. As a student of cosmetology myself, I would have to say that it was probably one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made."
Another example: ok i did my hair yesterday i DIDN'T bleach it ,but im not sure what its called but she took the color out of my hair and then dies it a blond color and my head was on fire it killed me so after that i hated my hair color so i colored it my self a darker color, it looked so ugly and it burned me again it rully hrt so after i washed it my mom checked it for me and found small spots of blood all over my top scalp like over 20 of em now im scared and don't know why its there is it from the color am i sick and something is wrong ??

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye
The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Halloweâen party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. Itâs made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. Itâs well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.
PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. 11-22-11. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) 
When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Sources:
Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.
Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Has anyone used Revlon hair color, specifically #50 light ash brown?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment