Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Can I dye my hair red over my dark brown dyed hair?




Caaaaitlin


I dyed my hair dark brown 2 months ago and my blonde roots are coming in now and my hair has lightened into a lighter shade of dark brown. I also cut it as well. I was wondering if I can dye my hair red over my recently dyed brown hair and if it will also come out?

thanks!



Answer
All hair coloring tends to fade (even the permanent dyes). You can put the red over your dyed color. Just be warned that it may not look exactly like it does on the box. You also need to know that your roots will be lighter than the rest.

I want to dye my hair red?




Andrea


Hi, I want to dye my hair a vibrant burgundy, maybe even red like in this http://www.wkgc.org/local/images/JossStone1.jpg picture. It is currently dark brown. Am I going to have to lighten it beforehand? I have dyed my hair a lot in the past but never lightened it with product before dyeing it.

Thanks.



Answer
If your hair is real dark brown, then yes, you probably would want to.
I have dark brown hair too, and I got it dyed red / Burgundy, and yes, they had to bleach my hair beforehand.
But then again, I only got it in some places, (bangs and some highlights) not the whole head.
If your hair is dark you would probably definitely want to lighten it a bit if you want the colour to really show.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I dye my hair red over my dark brown dyed hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment