Wednesday, March 19, 2014

ombre hair, previously dyed red?




britt


I want to try the ombre hair look but have never used bleach before. my hair is naturally medium brown but i dyed it red this winter and its spring now. Im wondering what the bleach will turn my hair since its red but fading, its still noticeably red though. and where can i buy bleach


Answer
If you've recently dyed your hair red, the bleach won't be completely blonde. It may have this brassy orange-ish color to it. Be sure you use toner.

Ombre-ing naturally red hair?




red


My hair is naturally a dark-ish auburn red color and is down to my lower back. I really want to do an ombre hairstyle [not with a blonde but with a lighter red-orange color so it's not so... BAM], and I plan on doing it myself because I'm a broke college student. I have never dyed my hair [unless you count using my sisters leftover black hair-dye to do a super sweet random streak in the 7th grade... I like to NOT think about it.] I have seen a lot of tutorials and it looks like a really easy process, but pretty much all of them were going from brown to blonde, and my hair is a little different, so I have a few questions:

1. Do I need to use bleach on my hair to get it lighter?
2. Is there a technique you have used that did or did not work well for you?
3. Is this a stupid idea?

My hair looks a lot like this [length and color wise...minus the ombre part], but once I get the ombre part done, I want it to look exactly like this:

http://weheartit.com/entry/28184078

Thank you Pinterest.com



Answer
That's so weird you asked this question! I just looked up ways to bleach your hair at home, and I think I may have the answer for you. Well, since your hair is red and you want it to be orange, if you fill a spray bottle a little bit with hydrogen peroxide, then spray it on the parts you want to be ombre-ed then leave it in for a while, then rinse it out, you shold get noticeably lighter hair. I have black hair and I bleached a section of my hair with this, and it turned it lighter in about 30 minutes. So I think that would make a great ombre look. You can make it as light as you want, and if you don't like it you could just re-dye your hair it's nautral color. I hope that's what you wanted! :D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: ombre hair, previously dyed red?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment