Monday, March 17, 2014

highlighting auburn/red hair?




raethrop


i have naturally red/auburn hair. i've been thinking about getting it highlighted but i don't know if i should. i'd be worried that it could ruin the color of my hair. i mean, i had a chance of getting a huge role in a play and because i wouldn't dye my hair black, i didn't get the part....

but, i've heard highlights/lowlights aren't like that. so i'm not sure if i should just go for it or see if someone with a similar hair color has done it and would recommend not gettind it done.

also, i have no idea what color to get! i heard blonde looks nice, but i don't want my hair to look too light (like strawberry blonde). what color would you guys suggest? do you have any pictures you could share?



Answer
I once had red/auburn hair (naturally blonde) and put blonde highlights in. It looked awesome. I got a lot of compliments on it. It didn't ruin my hair. Red was just a hard color for me to keep, faded easily. Just go light on the highlights and go to a salon to have it done, that's all. You'll love it.

HAIR RED highlights or lowlights or tint - SHARON OSBOURNE?




bubbe2005


Okay, so I have never been to a hair salon before to have my hair colored.

Basically I am filipina with naturally Black hair.
I have been coloring my hair for years, I want to have sharon osbournes red hair!!!!

my length is just past my bra strap.

What is the difference if I had RED tint as opposed to RED highlights?!?!?

My goal is to have sharon osbournes RED HAIR!!

Please can someone help me, perhaps a hair stylist or one that works in a salon?

Also what are lowlights?

so I don't look like an idiot, please can someone explain to me having RED TINT, RED HIGHLIGHTS and RED LOWLIGHTS please?

thank you!!!!

hmm so can anyone suggest to me then please.
I want two tone red.
base color dark red.
highlights lighter red than base colour.

what would be the process, I would have to have tinting done first and then highlights later on?

I'm thinking too much chemicals in my think long hair that I do not want to lose, I'm already losing hair by coming!!



Answer
ok low lights are any colour darker than your natural colour and high light being the opposite.

sharron has a natural mid/dark brown with megenta red LOW lights. (full head foils)

a tint is an all over colour which i never advise anyone to have as the up keep is a nightmare. also dont let them bleach your hair before the high lights as this will make them fade quicker.

red - tint, high/low lights - do tend to fade so use a colour shampoo and conditioner




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: highlighting auburn/red hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment