Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Do you have to re-use a developer when your red hair color fades to get it the same color?

red hair color developer
 on ... � Hair Color � Blonde Hair Color � Gretchen Rossi Hair Color 2012
red hair color developer image



AmyM


I'm thinking of dying my hair red. My concern is what I should do to get it back to the same color when it fades. Should I re-use a developer to lighten it or will it be ok? If i dont have to then what dye should I use to retouch red hair? Plz help. Thank you.


Answer
no. if your developer is over 10 vol then it is lightening your hair, and if on the first dye it has been lightened enough, when you redye you should be using either the same dye with a low vol developer like 10 vol, or a vegetable dye (like special effects or directions)
it depends on what red you are going for but it you want proper red then i suggest affinage bred for your hair the first time then just the roots and use a vegetable dye to rede the fading parts

however, you should really be asking this on http://haircrazy.info/forum/
they all know exactly what the are talking about, respond really quickly and really helpfully. when i used to dye my hair red, i asked a thousand questions and i got so much help for each
(if you want a more natural red colour, they can help you on there too)

How can I get temporary hair color to wash completely out of my hair? It was supposed to wash out after 8-12.




k~prez


I used a temporary hair color (red) that was supposed to wash out after 8 to 12 shampoos, but after 3 weeks or more it still hasn't washed out completely. My roots are still red! Does anyone have a cheap or easy solution to get it to come out of my roots? I don't want to spend a lot of money having the salon help me with this problem. I've washed my hair twice a day hoping that would help and it hasn't.


Answer
I'm assuming you have very light hair--red is notorious for washing out quickly because the pigment molecules are so big that they can't fully penetrate the hair shaft, so this is a very rare problem.

Anyway, ideally you should really go to a salon to strip your hair, but if you want to DIY, there IS a way to do it (but proceed with caution)

Go to a beauty supply store, get powdered bleach and a 10 volume developer and a shade of neutral toner.

Firstly, try the toner; it may counteract the red enough so you won't have to use the bleach. If it doesnt work, apply to your roots and be VERY vigilant about how fast the bleach is working. It'll get the red out, but you don't want to overbleach your roots, either--it'll look weird. To finish, tone the roots.

For future reference, if you have very light hair it doesnt matter if a color is permanent or wash out; it'll tend to stick around for awhile.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do you have to re-use a developer when your red hair color fades to get it the same color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment