Saturday, August 10, 2013

Why does my daughter have red hair when I have blonde and my husband has brown?

red hair recessive or dominant
 on Apartamento Alto
red hair recessive or dominant image



Brielle


My husbands grandfather had red hair but I though that red hair was a dominant gene so one of the parents had to pass it or both of us had to pass one recessive?? I dont have any red hair on my side of the family. And her hair is VERY red lol!


Answer
This was actually discovered using pea plants by a scientist named Mendell (i can not recall his first name) during the 19th century. He was a priest and devoted his free time (practically his life) to unlock the secrets of heredity. Long story short, he discovered that there are actually gene pairs that consist of a dominant chromosome and an inferior chromosome, in any order. The only way in which the inferior gene can take over is by being paired with it's self, otherwise the dominant gene will portray itself. An example is the 23rd chromosomes, the X for female (inferior by definition) and the Y for male (dominant gene). If the pair contains a Y, like XY, the child is a boy. If XX, it is a girl. There is no 50-50, it is either the dominant is present and portrays itself, or it is only the inferior genes and they portray themselves.

Red Hair is an inferior gene, so both of you have to have been carriers (the technical name) of the gene, while your dominant color genes, blonde and brown, had decided yours. You had a 1 in 4 chance of having a red head, and sure enough that 25% won. She received the two inferior genes from you only.

I could go more in depth, but then everything gets a bit in depth with conception and fertilization and genetics, and I'm sure you barely read all of that! :)

hope that helps you understand

Is it true that red heads will dye out in the next hundreds of years?




"The Man o


I understand that red hair is a recessive trait but I find it quite interesting that there won't be any red heads left in years from now. Brunettes and Blondes are more of the dominant trait and it's more common. I'm just curious will like all red hair genders date people with the opposite hair color?

I think yes. I like girls with red hair, but I'm not sure if this is true. I've heard people talk about it before.



Answer
Hi my friend not sure if that is true. One of my best friends is a red head and one of her daughters is a auburn red. If It does disapper there is always Hair coloring to bring it back Ha ha ha.
Hugs Sugar bug




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why does my daughter have red hair when I have blonde and my husband has brown?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment