Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bleaching my red hair?




IVXIXXI


I bleached my hair last weekend and then dyed it red. My hair is naturally black. I missed spots while bleaching and didn't notice. I proceeded to dye my hair. I noticed when I was done dying. I need to fix it. So should I bleach my whole Head and just dye it over. Or should I just bleach and dye the black spots. What if a different tone comes out? What would you do?


Answer
Don't bleach again! I don't know what your hair type is, but most people's hair can't deal with that kind of treatment & it could wreck your hair & make it look even more uneven since it will lighten the parts that are already light, and bring out some weird colors that you can't anticipate.

Don't try spot bleaching either. You'll just end up with spots since there is a very good chance your hair tone won't come out the same way twice. Bleaching hair is affected by the time you leave it in, how much you use, how oily/dry your hair is that day, and even just temperature. Getting it exactly right would be difficult for someone to do at home.

I really hate to say this, but unless you can wait until your hair is ready for an all out, bleach it 'till it's 100% blonde session (which I would wait about 2 months for, personally but it's different for everyone) you should really go to a professional. They might not be able to completely fix it if it's too far gone, but they have to deal with that sort of thing all the time and most of them are trained at dealing with tricky hair situations & can reach spots/watch pieces of hair for color changing that you aren't even capable of. Plus, salons usually have more supplies at hand, so if they need to use different types of bleach to pull out different levels of dye/natural color, they can... whereas at home, you pretty much have one or two choices before it starts getting expensive.

If a salon isn't an option, I'd just dye it all back to black. That's about the only thing that will cover it up completely. Then I'd try again a few months later when your hair feels normal again.

Sorry if this isn't the advice you were hoping for. :/ Hair sucks

red hair to Blonde??




Jaymie M


I just dyed my hair from red to blonde, but unfortunately some strands didn't take and now I am left with dark red on the top, and lighter red/blonde on the bottom and it looks bad. I have a box of medium blonde hair dye that I can dye my hair with again to even out the lighter strands, but I was wondering what will happen to the red on top? Thanks!
What would happen if I dyed my hair the medium blonde though?



Answer
I recently went from red to blonde too. I noticed that you said dyed. To get an even color through out your hair you need to bleach it first using a number 30 or 40 developer depending on how dark you hair is. Since you already died your hair blonde i would recommend using a number 30. Start by putting the bleach on the darkest parts of your hair and lightest last that way when your hair is processing your darker pieces will have more time to process. Also when applying the bleach make sure to do it quickly so that the hair comes out evenly, I suggest having some one do it for you so that all the hair is covered. While processing keep a plastic bag over your head so the heat doesn't escape. After you finished bleaching die your hair the color blond you'd like. Make sure your hair is wet, the die will take better. As for dieing you hair medium blonde right now the red on the top of your hair might lighten a bit but not very much.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Bleaching my red hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment