Saturday, June 21, 2014

Why does my hair pull red when I darken it using an Ash color?




proudMAMAo


I am naturally a level 7 or 8, and very cool toned. I have my hairstylist color my hair with highlights and lowlights and the lowlights always look slightly red even when using an Ash color. Also my hair doesnt darken as most would think so do get my lowlights at what should be a level 7 we use a 5 or 6. Even my hairdresser is baffled as to why my hair pulls so much red and doesnt darken as it should.
The hair that pulled red is 100% natural hair, I had not put any color on my hair in at least 8 months and the redness is throughout those natural roots that grew in.



Answer
Perhaps you still have residual hair color underneath that once pulled red or orange and since you haven;t gotten rid of it, it's still under there.

You have the options of having your colorist let the low-light be much more ash and sit on there longer (running the risk of it turning grayish or green) BUT.....if they at least freaking try, since your hair pulls red, it might just work. I DARED the 4th stylist who wouldn't listen to me, do this and VOILA - it worked!)

Orrrrrrrrrr - last resort, have her bleach the hair and lift the color, and then start from scratch with whatever shade of ash you want. Much more damaging on your hair - but it will be stripped of all color that was on there before.

Hairstylists please help!!! Hair color problem?




sp


Ok, so a few months ago I dyed my hair with 3N permanent color (I used 20 vol. developer) then I absolutely hated it (go figure) and missed my blonde hair so she did a few foils which lightened some of the color, but it wasn't really what I wanted so I started bleaching high lights in (the high lights all ended up being around a 7G). Then today I had an appointment with my stylist to get my hair back to somewhere around a level 8N - she used the Pravana Color extractor which took most of the color out but left my hair tinted kind of orange-y and then she put color over it and I'd say it's probably a level 5N now :/
What can I do to get it back to a level 8 in a week or two (I can't afford to keep going to a stylist).
Please help.
Thanks yoohoo gal
Are there any deep conditioners you can recommend that don't need a dryer (I don't have one)?
I currently use a deep conditioner from K-Pak by Joico and also ER Fusion by White Sands once a month...
and I switch my regular shampoo's and conditioners from L'Anza Anti Aging and Pureology NanoWorks every couple of weeks
Oh, and do you think that using a clarifying shampoo a couple times a week would help fade the color faster???



Answer
You need to use scalp bleach, bring it up to a level 9 which is just past removing any red or gold tone. Then condition preferably under a dryer with a very deep protien conditioner then redeposit an 8N. Only add a little (1oz) of 8A. Only if you have any gold left. Mix these with 20 Vol Developer. Make sure you do several deep conditioning treatments. no more than 2 a week because scalp bleach can be very dry and damaging to the hair.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why does my hair pull red when I darken it using an Ash color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment